Monday, August 26, 2013

Finding what inspires you.

     Everyone has that moment where they are hit with the reality that they need a goal and they need to reach it no matter what. For the past few weeks I have been thinking of my goal of getting down to 190lbs. Can I reach this goal, should I reach this goal? Well the answer is yes and YES! When you enter a race you sign up to finish! You don't get half way and say, "Well that's good enough." That coach inside you is screaming, "You can't stop now! There is much more in you and now is the time to give it all you've got and finish this thing!"
My buddy Greg after the Spartan Race.

     This past weekend my buddy Greg volunteered and ran in a Spartan race. In this same race there was a team with a few members who were multiple amputees. Below is a video of them completing one of the obstacles. I personally have never been faced with the type of challenge they are faced with, not just in the race but also this thing we call life. Watching them complete the challenges of that race and finish has inspired me to not just meet my weight goal but also continue to train so that I can complete one of those races! One thing to keep in mind is you must absolutely have a support system of people who will add giant amounts of positive support in your direction. Its hard at first but it is important to limit the amount of time you spend with people who say that you can't do something. If you have the mindset that you can and you have proper support then there is no doubt that you will!

     Now is the time to make some goals for yourself. Don't wait till New Years Eve to come up with a list. Make one now. What better time than now to get fit? Schedule an appointment with your Doctor and ask them what they think is a good plan of action for you. Have a list of programs with you and ask them their opinion on it. Last year I asked my Doctor about Take Shape For Life fueled by Medifast and he had nothing but positive things to say about the program and highly encouraged me to start on it, "ASAP!" So I did and you folks have been reading my blog ever since I started. This coming Sunday will be the 1 year mark for me and so far I have lost over 114lbs with Take Shape For Life.

     I know you can do it, no matter what path you pick! Just like you all I needed was that inspiration and a good dose of positive mojo. Just pick your head up, dust yourself off, and lets rock this thing!

All the best,

Mike

http://myroadtoweightloss.tsfl.com/explore

*Results vary. Typical weight loss on the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan® is 2-5 lbs per week for the first 2 weeks and 1-2 lbs per week thereafter.


No comments:

Post a Comment