Thursday, January 2, 2014

Here is to a New Year!

       So as many of you know, I made some big health changes in 2013. I went from 360lbs to 225lbs. I am still working at my ultimate goal of weighing 190lbs. Sure there are times when it is tough, but I have been armed with knowledge! The folks at Take Shape For Life have helped me, and taught me how to view food differently. On my journey I became a health coach helping others discover Optimal Health and how to survive the holiday season. One comment I get a lot is, "Oh it has got to be tough." I tend to just smile and nod, sure it is a challenge, but Take Shape For Life really makes the planning of a meal day extremely easy! How easy is it? Take a look at the chart below.



       
       One thing people don't realize at first is that you will not be going to your favorite Coffee establishment any more. Well at least while you are on plan. You will not be going out to eat until you understand what a "Lean & Green" meal is. As a health coach I am here to guide you and give you the resources you need to start your journey to health. It is up to you to want it! You have to make the decision that you are worth investing in! Which leads me to the next comment I get often, "I wish I could afford it."

       When I was starting out looking for options, I was introduced to TSFL and my initial reaction was "Oh that costs too much!" As the months passed I was on my 3rd failed free diet plan and I was on my way back to weighing 400lbs, while the person who had introduced to Take Shape For Life was nearing 70lbs lost! I sat down and took a look at what was preventing me from affording TSFL. First thing on the list was our TV service. Did we like it? Sure we did, but did we need it to be healthy and survive? No we didn't, so we cut our TV service and hooked some rabbit ears up to our TV. Second on my list was my internet gaming services. Did I like it? You bet your pants I did! Was it promoting health in my life? No it wasn't. So I cut those. Half way there! What else needed to change? My vending machine habits. I spent close to $125.00 a month on soda and snacks!!! So that had to go. Then came our groceries. Since we did not have to buy much for me to eat any more, we were able to take that savings and put it towards me getting healthy. 

     Now is the best time to look at what you are doing, and how is it impacting your health and the health of those you love. Be honest with yourself. Evaluate the things you are spending your money on, and stop doing the things that prevent you from reaching your health goals. I don't know about you but sitting on the couch or at my computer never got me closer to my health goals.....or washboard ab's. You are worth the investment!


No comments:

Post a Comment