Monday, October 8, 2012

Going to need a belt!

     So I hopped on the scale this morning. I didn't really want to see the number. The week before last I had only lost 1lb. Last week it was 3lbs, so I was expecting another 1lb number. This past week things had gotten rather busy at work. I was not able to get all of my walks in, I had to do my best at the ALDS game at Camden Yards last night finding something close to a lean and green. I found a Pizza stand that had a low fat gluten free pizza slice option! So I went with that, just one slice. I am learning what a healthy lifestyle is and it is helping me find and make the right food choices when I am away from the norm. Now back to this pesky scale.

     So this is the moment. I have to remind myself that any loss is better than a big fat goose egg (a zero), or a gain. I step on and it does its little calculating animation. At this point I am thinking back to Garfield cartoon's where Garfield hops onto a talking scale and it says something like, "Get OFF!", or "Error!" I have had 2 scales give me the error message in the past. Sure it was a private event but stinks nonetheless. I look back down as the new number pops on the screen. -5 pounds oh yeah baby! So I have started at 360lbs and am now at 335. This is progress, my pants are starting to feel loose around the waist and I need to head to the store and buy a belt! What a great start to a Monday!

All the best,

-Mike

   

No comments:

Post a Comment