Friday, September 21, 2012

The dreaded plate of soft warm cookies.....

     So I work in the broadcast industry in a behind the scenes type role. Well lets just say my coworkers like to indulge every so often with fine foods. In the fall and winter it is guaranteed that bowls of chocolate's, plates of cookies, pans of cakes and pies begin to show up. Well yesterday the dreaded 3 foot wide tray of large, soft, chewy, warm, and gooey chocolate chip cookies was placed in the office. These cookies have a 6 or 7 inch diameter and are just shy of a half inch thick. Its not chocolate chips, its chocolate chunks. I have to be honest, this kind of cookie is my biggest challenge.

     When I lived in NH my favorite place to buy cookies was Shaws Supermarket. They had the best soft cookies. I remember as a teenager buying snacks for a night of video games at a friends house, I just had to have a bag of the Shaws cookies. I remember we would buy 2 medium pizza's. One for my buddy and one for me. Top this off with several 12 or 24 packs of our favorite soda and the night was set. I would eat the entire pizza, polish off the cookies by myself, finish a bag or Lays Sour Cream & Onion chips, then destroy the 24 pack of soda. How did I not explode?!

     In times of trials I try to remind myself how I got so big in the first place. Indulging way too much. So when I was confronted with that lovely tray of cookies I just said no. As painful as it was I had to resist. I have been indulging my entire life and right now it is time to take a break from indulging. According to my last weigh in I am 14lbs down from my starting weight. You know what? After only 2 weeks that is not a bad number at all.

Peace and good vibes,

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment