Monday, September 10, 2012

Holiday's and Sporting Events

     I have to admit one of my fears on this diet are Holiday gatherings, and professional sport's events. The MLB season is winding down but the playoff season is just heating up! Lets not forget the NFL just started, the NBA and NHL are hot on its heals! This means being invited over to friends houses, lots of food, and the heavenly scent of BBQ on the grill! I better stop because Famous Dave's is just right down the road! That line from Star Wars Episode III A New Hope keeps running through my head, "Stay on target......Stay on target!" I have been doing well when it comes to staying away from events with lots of food, but I can't stay away for ever.

     Holidays, I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sure its nice to gather with family and friends, but man do I love the food! I am not going to list the items I love most. Ok maybe the one item that I know I wont be able to pass up ever. Pumpkin Pie! I am going to have to either eat in a different room than the food and people or sit there with my eyes on my plate only and try not to think about getting a second helping. I still have some time to learn from my coach before I am faced with holiday season.

     So far so good! I have lost 10lbs since I started this leg of weight loss. The more I begin to lose the more motivated I will be to stay firm in my direction. As long as the Medifast 5+1 plan is working I tend to stay on it till the end! Right now if it is not on the plan I am not eating it. My wife is also doing a great job keeping me on track by making some fantastic lean and green meals. If you are reading this and feel its time for you to begin I can not stress enough the importance of a solid support system. Do not, and I mean do not ever go it alone! There are people out there with the same struggles as you who are more then willing to lend a hand.

Peace and good vibes,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment