Wednesday, September 5, 2012

So here we go....

     Hi my name is Mike and I can not remember a single day in my life when I was not over weight. When I was a kid I really hated the "Husky" section in clothing stores. I think it was some time in high school where I said, "Ok this is who I am and that's just fine with me." Even though I was mildly active I loved to snack. I think this is where most of my frustration has come from. I played tennis almost every day with my buddy Scott. I would do 20 mile bike rides on the days I was not playing tennis with my friend Dan. Not to mention Golf every so often, that's right 18 holes with no cart! All this activity and I still weighed 260 - 290. Then came college.

     The college years were awesome. The food was good, maybe too good. 420lbs of pure college goodness. I went home one weekend to get my bike out. I sat on the seat, the tires are pumped up all the way, and when I sit they went flat. So I started to peddle, it felt good to ride again! Then it came time to slow down. The breaks squealed rather loudly. I remember people running out of their front doors to see what could be causing such a racket. So the bike went in a barn for the rest of my college days and would not return to me until I was married and owned a house.

     So here I am today. I had been doing a diet on my own plan. I felt good and in May had weighed in at 348lbs. Yet a few weeks ago when I went for my check-up with the Dr. I had weighed in at 360lbs. I was crushed. All that hard work and nothing to show for it. My mom had been bugging me for months to go on the diet she was on. I was on the fence and was not sure if I wanted to pay the cost of the program. Then one day I came across a blog post by a local radio personality who was having the same exact problem I was having. So that was the moment I knew I was going to give Medifast plan a try.

     I am going to try and update this blog a few times a month. Off to the side there will be a progress tracker. Once a week I will be doing a weigh in and the tracker will update automatically. If you are reading this and have any questions please feel free to leave it in the comments section and I will do my best to give a prompt reply. If you would like more info about the Medifast 5 + 1 plan please visit my coaches site at: http://claireandarnold.tsfl.com

Peace and Good Vibes,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment