Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Can't forget exercise!

     So a lot of folks have been asking me about what I am doing for exercise. "What gym do you go to?" "How many times a week?" "How much have you lost so far?" I get these questions a lot. I do not have a gym membership, I try to exercise every day, I weigh myself every Monday so I wont know for sure until then but its around X amount of pounds. Lots of times they get hung up on the fact I do not have a gym membership, "Wait no gym membership?!?!?"

     I work in an office with no windows, so to be outside and take in some fresh air just rocks my socks! We have a lake right next to the office with a trail and I try to do a once around a few times a week when the weather is warm. Right now it is getting colder and they are doing work on the trail around the lake so its hard to get out and walk on my lunch break these days. I had to find some other form of exercise that I could really get into. A few years back I was into the Biggest Loser series, heck I even did a tryout video and sent in the form. I am kind of glad I did not get the call because I work in the entertainment industry and it would feel more like work to me than a life change effort. Back in late 2010 I had picked up a Biggest loser video by Bob Harper. The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Boot Camp. Unlike last time I intend to stick with it!

     The last time I started on this video my buddy Greg had started coming over and we would rock out the routines together. We had gotten to the weeks 3 - 4 portion but he stopped coming over and I got a little bummed about that so I had stopped as well. Part of that was the fact that we were both not mentally ready for the long term commitment of a diet and exercise routine. What we lacked was a support system not only from our family but also from outside of our families. In my case I learned my bad eating habit from my mother, so it was nice when I got hooked up with my health coach Arnold! It was exactly what I needed because he is a guy who has been where I have been and has faced the same struggles. If any of you that read this blog ever have any questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

All the best,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment