Friday, November 2, 2012

Its Crunch Time!

     November is here and we all know what that means. Discount and leftover Halloween candy, Thanksgiving, yes Christmas and other Holidays,and lets not forget New Years. Yes I know that some of these are still a ways off but before you know it temptation will be right under your nose! I don't know about you but this is a tough time of year for me when it comes to eating. My weak spots you ask? Donuts, Coffee with lots of cream and sugar, Hot Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Egg Nog, Stuffing, Nuts, chocolate, and cookies! On top of all this I have 3 birthday's to battle. I have to admit, it is tough to be the only person having water and only eating off the veggie tray. It is important to stay strong.

     People have been asking me, "How do you resist the temptation at these events?" Well so far I try to distance my self from the room with foods in it. Yes the smell of the food drives me nuts because it is stuff I love and really want. This is the moment when you just suck it up and battle through! Do not give in, and no it is not ok to have just one. Because that just leads to just one more, then another, then another, and before you realize it you have eaten almost half the tray that was there. Do you hand a person with a drinking problem an ice cold beer? No you do not. I am on the Medifast 5+1 plan and that is all I can eat in a day. If I am going to a party I just bring one of my to go meals like Cheese Pizza Bites and put them on a party plate or what ever and eat them slowly that way it lasts for the entire time the food is out. This past Monday I weighed in at 328 so 29 more pounds and I will be in the 200's! Man its been since the late 90's that I have seen the 200's!


Peace,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment