Monday, February 11, 2013

Sad to see you go 290's!

     Is it just me or does it seem like I just got to the 290's? I was exspecting to be there for another week but holy cow! I have been losing about 2lbs a week and really was not even dreaming of more, so to see -5lbs in one week is huge! One thing I am learning with Medifast is that they are trying to teach your body who to burn fat instead of store it. Which means exersise but not going all Rocky Balboa on the workout's!

     I have a gym membership and I go once a day and I take Saturday and Sunday off from that routine.  Last week I did things a little differently. Instead of walking and running on the treadmill for 45mins and then doing my upper body on the machines, I switched to doing the bike for 25mins, and then free weights for as long as I could bear! I backed my workout down a bit though because I found myself running out of gas. One of the other things I am learning about Medifast is that you are not really supposed to go full bore on the workout's! So a few weeks back I was working really hard but it seemed like I had stalled at the 300's. What I forgot was that I was building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat!

     For the next few months I am going to try maximizing my ability to get those bigger loss numbers, but if I manage a steady pace of just -2lbs a week I will still be ok with that. Because it sure beats a plus any day of the week!

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment